English teachers in Singapore can expect to find jobs throughout the year, as this is a wealthy nation with a high need for qualified native English speaking teachers. Interviews here are conducted well in advance, both over the phone and via e-mail. Instructors are responsible for airfare and housing expenses.
A solid hourly wage affords English teachers a comfortable lifestyle, with the possibility to save up to 500 USD per month above the cost of living. English language schools in Singapore typically offer around 20 to 25 hours of work per week, leaving plenty of time for you to take advantage of your location and explore. English teachers need to have a Bachelor’s degree to teach in Singapore, and TEFL certification is required.
- Education: BA/BS is required; TEFL TESOL Certification is required.
- Citizenship Requirements: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa.
- Typical hiring process:via phone in advance
- Average teaching hours per week:20–25 hours of classroom plus extra prep time
- Type of students:Business professionals, children in public schools and private language schools
- Cost of living per month:2,100–2,500 USD; 3,000–3,500 SGD
Average monthly pay:2,400–3,000 USD; 3,300–4,200 SGD
Start-up cost:2,100–2,500 USD
- Potential to save or break even:Save 300 – 500 USD/month
- Accommodation/housing benefits paid:no, employer will assist to find
- Vacation: Paid 2 weeks
- Flight reimbursement:no
TEFL Zorritos: What could be better? Study in a beautiful Peruvian beach town at our beach-front outdoor training centre with great accommodations available, including delicious local food. Fully accredited 120 Hour TEFL course with a practical approach that provides you with 10 advanced certifications at absolutely no extra cost! And a job placement program in Peru and guaranteed lifetime job assistance waiting for you when you complete the course.
Class sizes are limited, so don’t wait, make your reservation today!